Friday, September 30, 2011

Sick Day

I woke up this morning feeling like I had been trampled by a herd of elephants. I could barely sit up, my face was all puffy and my throat felt as though I had swallowed a cheese grater. There was no way I could go to work. I didn't want to drink anything or eat anything or even knit. What an awful state of affairs to wake up to.

However, after some TLC from my husband who hooked me up with some drugs and tea before he left for work and Missy who has been napping close at hand and nuzzling me every so often, I feel much better now. I have finally moved to the couch and have had some soup and I am watching murder mysteries I have saved on my DVR. I have also done a bit of knitting, and folks, I have finally finished my cowl. Kitchener's stitching and all.



Now it is time to cast on for you know what-- I am so excited!! I am only casting on and not knitting because I want to really start tomorrow but since casting on sometimes takes ages I figure it is better to get it out of the way so it doesn't slow my knitting roll.

And in other news, Missy is still in the box (albeit relocated).

No comments:

Post a Comment