Thursday, September 15, 2011

Loft-y Aspirations




We were in Philadelphia a few weekends ago and I managed to visit the sweetest little yarn store- Rosie's Yarn Cellar (it really is in the cellar). I bought some nice soft yarn to knit up into a hat for my husband and I also found some sparkly yarn on sale. It is called Katia Gatsby and I have it in black. At the beginning of July, I discovered this amazing Blue Heron Rayon Metallic Yarn in a store in San Francisco. It was so nice to touch and glittery and spectacularly dyed but I had a cheap attack after hearing the price and didn't buy it. The Katia is my discount consolation prize. I have been searching Ravelry for patterns that would showcase it's sparkly-ness but which also didn't use up a lot of yarn, because I only have two skeins. After not finding what I was looking for on Ravelry (of course I have a very specific thing in mind) I saw some version of it in Ann Taylor Loft earlier this week. Behold the open-knit infinity scarf. I want to make something similar. Once I figure out what stitch is used. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment