Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Knitting Reads

One is red on blue with red tassles and the other is blue on red with blue tassels.
A friend of mine sent me this link earlier today. I am really excited about checking some of these books out. My relationship with the Kindle has been on the rocks for a while as I discovered that the library was a much cheaper way to enjoy books. This may be just the thing to get me back to it though (don't tell my husband!) and I think I want to start with Knitting for Peace and A Knitter's Home Companion. It is always fun for me to read about the lives of other knitters and I think I would like to knit for other people who might need knitted things instead of just making myself hats (although I am sure I will make some time for that also). One thing I am working on, and my mom too, is making scarves for the Special Olympics in 2012. Handknit scarves will be given to all the athletes, coaches, volunteers, families and supporters to show some love for taking part in this great event. You can check out how to get involved here. I am almost done with my second scarf yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment