Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good News or Bad News?

That's the question I asked my husband last night as I got into bed after working on my sweater for an hour or so. In the order of his reply, the bad news was that I had to rip out all of what I had started. The good news was that I hadn't worked on it that long and so I didn't feel as bad as I would have if I had realized my mistake when I was on the sleeves. The mistake? Confidently casting on 100 stitches instead of the 106 required for the 18 month old size. The baby recipient has turned one, so I wanted to make his sweater larger but sleep clouded my eyes and I looked at the wrong number in the parentheses at the beginning of the pattern. Lesson learned? That my mom is right again- one should not knit when one is tired. Also that I should triple check the pattern I am knitting from. No new pictures for this post- the ones from yesterday still apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment