Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Toe Up From The Flo Up

I have started my first pair of toe-up socks. I am pretty excited about this, first of all because knitting socks is one of my new year's resolutions, but secondly and mostly, because I will be able to plan the cuff better when I know how much yarn I will be working with. With my first pair of socks, the green cuff-down ones, I was very stressed out about the length of the cuffs. They could be bigger but there was no way I could really go back because I only realized I would have plenty of yarn left over once I was almost done with the toe. This would probably stop being an issue once I knit more socks and got a sense of how much yarn I needed, etc. Until then though, toe-up may be a thing for me. Also I was dying to use this yarn again from my tinked half-sock featured a couple of weeks ago.

I am using Wendy D. Johnson's Generic Toe-Up Sock Pattern and so far it is going pretty well. (I am only on row 7 or so). The provisional cast on aspect is a bit of a turn off for this, and generally, but as I recounted a few months back, I think I have the hang of that and kitchener stitch so it should work out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment